August 20, 2011

Wall Art Blocks Project

Inspired by a tutorial you can pick up at Becoming Martha by Jeni Ream, I am  going to finally grace the bare wall above my bed with some easy art blocks.  Already went to Lowe's and had them cut some wood into 12 X 12 squares. 

Here is my pitiful wall above my bed just screaming for some creative design...

Here is the yummy example of Art Blocks that has me drooling....

Love the color pallete in this sample, but I'm thinking along the lines of luscious peridot green, rich chocolate browns and lots of warm vanilla creams.  Oh and let's not forget a POP of orange somewhere!  Did I mention I'm big on Autumn colors?

Anyway, that's one idea that would work quite nicely and take the least amount of time, but for years now I've had my heart set on creating digital scrap art for that space that will include the message from I Corinthians 13:4-7.  You know  the one...

Love is patient,
love is kind,
it does not envy
it does not boast
it is not proud...

So....I'm going to surprise you.  Will I glue on papers I find or create my own designs?  Check back next week to see my AFTER pic!














No comments:

Post a Comment